Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad-hoc-workflow restrictions

Fabian Toth October 1, 2013

Hi,

we evaluate the usage of the ad-hoc-workflows plug-in within our Confluence Wiki.

Actually if I add a workflow to a page, every user which have access to the page have also access to the menu point "edit workflow" and can edit the workflow within the page. Is there a possibility that only a determined user group can edit the workflow?

Thanks for your help,
Greets
Fabian

1 answer

3 votes
Miguel Reimer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2013

Hi Fabian,

When adding a workflow to pages individually through add..workflow, any user with edit permissions for the page can edit the workflow. There is no way to restrict who can edit the workflows added in this way.

However, we also offer what are called space workflows and label restricted space workflows, which are controlled through the "Workflows" page in the Space Admin. Space workflows are automatically applied to all pages in the space and only space admins can edit them. Similarly for label restricted space workflows, they are automatically applied to all pages in the space if they have the label specified in the workflow and only space admins can edit them.

Space workflows also have the added benefit that if you want to change the current workflow, you only have to edit it through the Space Admin, instead of on every page using that workflow.

We find that most clients use space workflows so that they have control over who can edit the workflow and that its easy to manage that way. Some clients use the page workflows by adding a workflow to each page on its own, but for the rest, they often only use page workflows for testing and designing workflows.

If you have further questions, please follow-up on the support ticket that was created when you emailed us.

Thanks,
Miguel

tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2013

Hi Miguel,

we have upgraded confluence from 3.5 to 4.3 are using workflow plugin.

now whenever we are publishing space's workflow script throw's lot's of error.

we have use shared workflow for all the space's.

could you please provide your guidance

1) do i need to update my workflow script as i am using latest update workflow plugin version and workflow script's not updated since confluence 3.2?

2) shared workflow script is it helpful approch for me?or do i need to change it and make workflow script for each space?

below is error detail's

2013-11-06 04:13:26,922 ERROR [TP-Processor10] [comalatech.confluence.workflowcontainer.DefaultWorkflowContainerManager] loadProductionWorkflows error loading workflow euem12m:space publishing: Error in workflow markup:<br/><div class="error"><span class="error">state: error in state Publish children?</span>

<div class="error"><span class="error">approval: invalid parameter depth=10</span> </div>

</div>

please let me know your suggection's.

thank's.

Miguel Reimer
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2013

Hi Tousif,

Please email support@comalatech.com with your question. Please include your workflow markup as well as if you add the workflow to each page individually or if the workflow automatically applies when you create a new page.

Thanks,

Miguel

Ashwini Pal March 31, 2014

Hi Miguel,

We want to apply the label restricted space workflows but dont know where we have to change the mark up for the same. Could you help on this.

Thanks

Ashwini P.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events