Access to excerpt content

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Excerpt Include Macro

If I include an excerpt include macro on a page, does the person who views the page need access to the original page with the excerpt macro on?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Hi Helen,

The person viewing the page with the macro include does need permission to view the original page. If they don't have view access on the page the excerpt is being pulled from, they will see this instead of the excerpt:

Error rendering macro 'excerpt-include' : User 'non-permissioned-user' does not have permission to view the page 'Page with Excerpt'.

Are there any solutions to allow for access, regardless of permissions on the content originating page?  Some have mentioned Perimeter from Service Desk, but this does not handle images that are present in an Excerpt.

Hi Aaron, I'm unaware of any way to do what you're looking for with images (and just scanned through the marketplace to double-check). Perimeter ( https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.customware.confluence.plugin.perimeter/server/overview ) does indeed look the closest to what you're looking for. I would suggest reaching out to Service Rocket and ask if they would be able to extend the Perimeter plugin for your use-case.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

1,120 views 2 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you