Access to excerpt content

Helen Griffith December 16, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Excerpt Include Macro

If I include an excerpt include macro on a page, does the person who views the page need access to the original page with the excerpt macro on?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2015

Hi Helen,

The person viewing the page with the macro include does need permission to view the original page. If they don't have view access on the page the excerpt is being pulled from, they will see this instead of the excerpt:

Error rendering macro 'excerpt-include' : User 'non-permissioned-user' does not have permission to view the page 'Page with Excerpt'.
Aaron Huber December 23, 2016

Are there any solutions to allow for access, regardless of permissions on the content originating page?  Some have mentioned Perimeter from Service Desk, but this does not handle images that are present in an Excerpt.

Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2016

Hi Aaron, I'm unaware of any way to do what you're looking for with images (and just scanned through the marketplace to double-check). Perimeter ( https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.customware.confluence.plugin.perimeter/server/overview ) does indeed look the closest to what you're looking for. I would suggest reaching out to Service Rocket and ask if they would be able to extend the Perimeter plugin for your use-case.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events