Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to Confluence support page when logged in with different account

Jérôme Vincendon April 19, 2018

Hi,

We are using Confluence as our customer facing knowledge base. This works fine, however I noticed that when people try to access one of our pages while logged in to their own Confluence environment, they get an 'Access Denied' error (many of our customers are businesses with their own Confluence environments). If they then visit the page via an Incognito tab, it works fine.

Are we using Confluence the wrong way or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Jérôme

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2018

Jérôme,

As we discussed in our earlier thread, this is expected behavior, as the users are authenticated but not licensed to view pages in Confluence.

There's a feature request below, however, to give these authenticated users access to Anonymous pages:

Take care!

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2018

Jérôme,

If the pages aren't public then they need to be logged into an account on your Confluence instance.

Can you confirm if this is the case? What version of Confluence are you using?

Regards,

Shannon

Jérôme Vincendon April 19, 2018

Hi Shannon,

The pages are public and can be accessed without a problem by people within my organisation, or people not logged in to Confluence at all: https://gen25-jira.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/BPD/pages/163870/How-to+articles

However, as soon as someone is logged in Confluence on a different Organisation, they can no longer access our Confluence pages other than via an Incognito window (which is not logged in).

Best,

Jérôme

Jérôme Vincendon April 23, 2018

@Shannon S, anything more you can do with my last comment?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 23, 2018

Jérôme,

Thank you for confirming that. At this time this is expected behavior, as the users are authenticated but not licensed to view pages in Confluence.

There's a feature request below, however, to give these authenticated users access to Anonymous pages:

Please vote on that and comment there with your use case.

Thank you for your understanding! In the meantime, the users should either log out or open an incognito window in order to access your anonymous pages.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Jérôme Vincendon April 23, 2018

Thanks @Shannon S, I voted for the request.  It seems I can only mark your top comment as the solution, correct?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 23, 2018

That's correct, but I went ahead and added a new answer with just the feature request to make it easier to find.

Feel free to accept that one

Thanks again!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events