Access to Confluence only for specified IP-Addresses/Ranges

Gilbert Janeselli February 6, 2014

Is it possible to gain acces to Confluence only to specific IP-Addresses/Ranges? Maybe like i would do it in a htaccess with Deny/Allow?

thks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gilbert Janeselli February 20, 2014

I solved the problem using the MS Server Firewall rules for incoming connections.

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2014

I think that's the right approach: to manage it at the firewall/proxy level rather than in Confluence.

0 votes
Kesha Thill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2020

Hey @Gilbert Janeselli !

I believe you're on our Server deployment, and this request was a few years ago, but still wanted to let you know that we've recently launched a beta program for IP allowlisting that's available for Confluence, Jira Software, and Jira Service Desk Cloud Premium customers and evaluators. If you're interested, you can learn more about the feature and how to enable it by visiting our documentation for IP allowlisting here.

Please reach out if you have questions!

Gilbert Janeselli April 9, 2020

Thanx, but we i am fine with my whitelists over the firewall.

0 votes
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2014

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events