Access permissions for content manager

Kathryn Reddie August 8, 2021

Hi,

I am currently the Confluence Administrator, but I manage the content rather than the technical platform.

We need to remove my admin access to things like the troubleshooting and custom HTML, but leave access for global templates, restricted content and the ability to see and access all content.

Any ideas on how we can do this?  We're still on server, not cloud.

It seems to be either an all or nothing type of admin access re Confluence administrator or Systems administrator - but for my purposes, they don't seem to be much different.

We've also just tested, and are about to release to PROD the upgrade to 7.12.3 ... 

Thanks in advance.
Kathryn.

1 answer

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2021

Hi @Kathryn Reddie In confluence, currently you cannot grant permissions based on roles. You can restrict view/edit of pages based on users and groups. I would recommend you to vote for this suggestion and watch it for updates.

Kathryn Reddie August 11, 2021

Thanks, but I was after the back end admin permissions, not page permissions.

Any thoughts on if there is a way to separate the admin functions out into more of a content administrator and systems administrator set-up?

Thanks in advance,
Kathryn.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2021

Hi @Kathryn Reddie Apologies for getting back late on this. You cannot separate out admin functions currently, but you can explore third party plugins on Atlassian Marketplace. eg: Space Permissions Handler for Confluence

If you want to see the differences between the Confluence Administrator and System administrator permissions, you can refer this documentation. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events