Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A long-running task has been initiated by another user.... Message popping on "Manage Apps"

Neo Bradley March 27, 2020

Hi,

I'm the user of free cloud version of confluence. 

Apparently I installed several free apps in my site.

Soon I noticed the installation of Render Markdown keep failing then ignore it.

Then I noticed in "Manage Apps" having info dialog showing following message,

A long-running task has been initiated by another user. To avoid conflicts, you will not be able to update apps until this task has completed.

• Installing undefined... (Initiated by undefined on 3/27/2020, 5:43:40 PM)

Thus now I cannot disable or modify any install apps.

PS. This question is related to A long-running task has been initiated by another user 

Regards,

Neo Bradley

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2020

Note: If you are experiencing this issue:

• If you are a Cloud Free administrator, please make sure to create a new question on Community and reference this issue. By updating an old thread, your response might not be seen by our team. By creating a new thread, this will ensure that we see your request. We will be able to raise a support ticket for you using the information connected to your Atlassian ID.
  • If you are the administrator of a paid Cloud site, please Contact Support Directly.

if you are not a site administrator, please contact a site administrator and have them contact us using the applicable method above, and Atlassian can delete the long-running task.

Regards,

Shannon

Nar Kumar C_ - Narva Software
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 13, 2020

Hi Shannon, looks like this issue happens quite often. Our issue last week was resolved by support team but we are seeing it again.

May be it makes sense to create ticket in Confluence issue tracker? That way the issue gets fixed at the root.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2020

Hi @Nar Kumar C_ - Narva Software,

The error itself is caused by something interrupting the install process of an add-on, so it can also happen naturally.

I agree with you that it seems like it's happening a lot, so I've been looking into this more on my end.

I'll let you know whatever information I find, or if we raise a ticket for this!

Thank you.

Shannon 

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 2, 2020

Hello @Neo Bradley!

Thank you for raising this with us. I went ahead and created a ticket for you with the support team, so we can remove that long-running task.

The team will be following-up with you in order to resolve the issue. 

Take care, and let me know if you have any trouble or questions!

Regards,

Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 6, 2020

Hi @Neo Bradley,

Looks like the team was able to delete the long-running task for you, and you were able to confirm the issue was resolved. Glad to hear!

Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,

Shannon

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 6, 2020

Hi @Shannon S 

We have exact same problem since last couple of days. Could you please create a support ticket? Our instance is bitwelt-dev [dot] atlassian.net

Thank you in advance.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 7, 2020

Hi @Nar Kumar C_ - Narva Software,

I created the ticket for you now under your email address. Check your email and you should be able to see that now. Let me know if you aren't able to find that!

Take care,

Shannon

Like fengxuanli likes this
Marketplace Partner
April 7, 2020

Thank you Shannon, really appreciate it :)

fengxuanli April 13, 2020

Hi @Shannon S 

We encountered the same problem which confused us a lot.

Please create a support ticket. Our instance is buxi.atlassian.net

Many thanks!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 15, 2020

Hi @fengxuanli,

Thank you for following up on this thread. I see that your Confluence site is a paid Cloud site, so please Contact Support Directly so we can help you with that.

Note, for anyone who comes across this and has the same issue and is on a paid Cloud site, you can contact support directly using the link above. 

If you are the admin of a FREE Cloud site, since you receive support through the Community, raise a new question using your Cloud free admin account. We will be alerted to your issue and help to get the issue resolved through support 1 on 1.

Thank you for your understanding!

Shannon

asfman November 29, 2022

Hi @Shannon S 

I encountered the same problem which confused us a lot.

Please create a support ticket. Our instance is wyh0809.atlassian.net

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events