Hello there, @pinky ! Thanks for sharing with the community.
As I understand, you are currently unable to load Confluence pages due to a 500 error in your instance. This kind of issue can be caused by a number of variables and we should start by looking into a few details.
Let us start by checking if:
- This affects all pages within your instance
- This happens to different users
- This happens to pages with no macros, only text
After checking the above, we can move on and try a few things. One such thing is enabling safe-mode. Enabling safe mode will disable all user-installed apps. Here is what we need to do to enable safe-mode:
- Click the Cog icon at the top right corner
- Select Manage apps
- Scroll down to the bottom of the apps page
- Click Enable Safe Mode
- After enabling safe mode, check if the issue persists
Here is our documentation on this process:
Safe-mode will allow us to rule out third-party apps as the root cause of the situation. After disabling all of the apps, you can re-enable them one by one and check after each, if the issue comes back.
Since this process affects all users, we advise you to schedule a downtime for your instance prior to testing it.
Let us know if safe-mode helps you out! Looking forward to your reply!
- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events