404 error after adding a comment

Greg Della-Croce July 2, 2014

In our Confluence Wiki (5.3.1) if I go directly to a page (without having been logged in beforehand) and add a comment to the page, I get 404 error page. If I sign in, then go to the page, and add the comment, I do not get the 404 error page.

Can anyone give me a clue as to what to do/look into that might be causing this problem?

2 answers

1 vote
Joachim Ooi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2014

Are you the end user or the admin? If you are the admin, a good place to start checking this out would be at the application logs side.

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2014

Hi Greg,

Are you adding a comment as Anonymous? is this happening to other users?

I recommend to replicate the problem and check the latest information in the confluence logs so it might contain some information.

If you are behind a proxy or some other network rule, try to bypass them and access confluence directly in the server IP address.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Greg Della-Croce July 9, 2014

Well after some work, I and the System Admin (who is the steward of the Logs) found: neither '/var/data/confluence/logs/atlassian-confluence.log' nor '/var/lib/confluence/logs/catalina.out' reported any loggable events.

do we need to do a three way screen session to explore this more?

Greg Della-Croce July 21, 2014

This is still any outstanding question. We have seen no activity in the Logs related to this problem. I am able to replicate it on several wiki pages, not just the first reported instance.

I am going to be in and out of the office for the rest of this week. What can be done to more this forward.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events