404 after confluence upgrade from 5.10 to 6.13

Dave Fontaine December 7, 2018

Getting a sweet 404 error after my upgrade (via .bin)

"The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists."

I have my export XML file/files, willing to blast the whole darn thing and startover. Should I troubleshoot? or should I try to blank everything? 

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2018

Hey Dave,

My teammate Diego fielded a similar question recently - take a look at his response here. That's where I'd get started if you're going down the troubleshooting route.

Prior to joining Atlassian, I was a Confluence and Jira administrator for 5 years. You could say I saw my fair share of upgrades. My personal preference would be to try and troubleshoot the existing setup before blowing it away.

The advantages of starting fresh are that it's a known amount of work. Troubleshooting may or may not be completed faster than starting from a clean install and reimporting. However, it will take a decent amount of time to blank everything and start over. If you have the personality that does not get easily frustrated when things don't start up or are willing to potentially sink a little extra time and get familiar with the Tomcat / Atlassian setup, I'd recommend troubleshooting. I haven't talked to anyone yet who was disappointed that they got familiar with the setup (despite maybe a couple curse words here and there if it took some extra learning).

I'll be here to help if you start troubleshooting and hit some more errors after starting on those steps.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events