Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migrating confluence to new server

joel Cruz April 15, 2019

migrating 6.1.2 to a new centos server. I need some help with moving the data over. The XML backup function doesn't work. the page crashes and spits out a proxy error.

I tried to do the manual way and copy the home directory, but when i start the instance i get a "HTTP Status 500 - java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set" error.

My problem is it's not a straight copy, the username, webserver and database are changing. I redid the folder permissions with the new username and i changed the xml file with the new DB info, Im also keeping the default web server configs, so it runs on port 8090 without a reverse proxy in front. But it doesn't start up properly. I read the errors i get are permission related, but i'm copying the folder exactly as is.

Not sure what else to do.

2 answers

0 votes
joel Cruz April 15, 2019

it doesn't work. i got past my java errors and permission issues, but now the site doesn't load at all, just says connection refused in the browser. I'm watching the catalina.out file for errors and it's not writing anything. I have no more leads to follow.

0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_ April 15, 2019

Hi Joel, XML Backups are not suitables for large instances, you may find interesting this article where explaint how to migrate Confluence to another server.

Check: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/migrating-confluence-between-servers-184150.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events