Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you use confluence for?

I_A January 13, 2023

Hey there,

to start working and organizing with Confluence can seem pretty overwhelming. There are many possibilities how to start , but it would be great to get some insides from the community.

What are your use cases for Confluence ?

2 comments

Comment

Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2023

Hi @I_A 

Confluence is a team workspace where knowledge and collaboration meet. Dynamic pages give your team a place to create, capture, and collaborate on any project or idea.

Below are some links which will help you to learn more about Confluence :

https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/guides/get-started/confluence-overview#about-confluence
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/confluence-evaluator-resources/confluence-features-functions
https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/guides/expand-confluence/confluence-use-cases#it-and-support-teams

Regards,
Sushant Verma

I_A January 13, 2023

Hey Sushant,

thank you for your reply!

I am already familiar with Confluence, just wanted to get some inspiration how others use it, as it might be helpful .

Regards,

Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2023

@I_A 

Historically, Confluence has been widely used by software teams to assemble ideas, product requirements and documentation to build better products. It has a long history as an enterprise wiki / content collaboration tool in this way.
Good examples of this in Confluence: structuring product requirements, sprint planning meetings and retrospectives using pre-built or customized page templates.

Some examples in product: lots of formatting options and the ability to include rich content (images, videos, code, Word docs, etc.) for crafting 'single source of truth' project proposals, timelines, meeting notes and status reports.

More and more IT teams are adopting Confluence too - to centralize technical documentation, policy procedure and knowledge base articles to better support and service internal 'customers'. Prime example: building a self-service, searchable knowledge base of Confluence articles authored by various team members and integrating that with incident management or IT service desk tools.

Regards,
Sushant Verma

Teresa
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2023

Hi @I_A  Confluence is a collaboration and document management tool used by organizations to create, share, and organize information. Common use cases include knowledge management, project management, team collaboration, creating an internal company intranet, managing customer support tickets, and acting as a wiki for teams to create and edit articles.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events