What do you call your confluence in the company?

Fiete October 7, 2021

Hey people,
I just wanted to start a discussion.

Confluence is not exactly easy to write and pronounce. Sometimes we abbreviate it with "cnflnc", but then you check the spelling, and you could have written it out :p. I just wanted to ask if you have abbreviations, nice nicknames or something similar for your Confluence. We have already thought of "conni", but one of the employees is called that and not that everyone goes to her when they want to know something :D

have a nice day

4 comments

Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2021

I think it depends on how teams are using it!

At my company (Perforce Software), people use Confluence in lots of different ways.

Part of our Confluence is a wiki/knowledge-base for our writers, so we'll call it the "SEO wiki" even though it's hosted on Confluence. In this case, most of the writers read/consume content, but rarely edit the pages.

I also refer to things as being "in the Marketing Space" or a specific space name more often than "in Confluence."

When it comes to general recommendations, though, I do tend to refer to Confluence by name. Ie: You could probably make a great project plan for that in Confluence. As far as abbreviations go, we haven't experimented yet. :)

Patrick Haley October 7, 2021

We pretty much do the same. 

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2021

Confluence :)

Patrick Haley October 7, 2021

It depends on the team. With some people I say "check confluence" and they already know which space I'm talking about. For tier 1 support we refer to it as the "internal knowledge base". For tier 2 and tier 3 support teams and developers we user "check the requirements/use case" or "documentation" interchangeably. However, these are also the people who know what I mean when I say "confluence". 

Lukasz Wiatrak October 10, 2021

We're often using Community (capitalized) as a synonym for Confluence. Or just referring to concrete space name as in your case.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events