Want to built a dashboard with SQL connection

Arif September 16, 2019

Hi Need suggestions on the SQL Connections and Plotting charts

3 comments

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2019

As I suggested in question you asked, you have two options.

1. External Plugin link this - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/630415/power-database-fields-pro-external-data?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview
  2. Custom Plugin Development
Arif September 22, 2019

Hi DPK J,

Could you please suggest me, any tutorial in confluence to play around with SQL connections and data, and building dashboards based on SQL quires. (Not with JIRA)

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2019

@ArifSQL for Confluence by Bob Swift is best add-on you can have for SQL in Confluence.

It also has very good documentation and examples to help you.

Plugin Links

Documentation,

Rafael Pinto Sperafico
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2019

Hi @Arif ,

Based on this question and previous one (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Want-to-build-a-dashboard-with-SQL-connection/qaq-p/1180137) it is still unclear if you are referring to Jira or Confluence.

Both questions have been raised for Confluence product, however, replies were given pointing out to Jira solutions. Please, let me know if you were referring to Jira instead of Confluence, so this question and the previous one can be moved to Jira.

If you were referring to Confluence, you could be looking into User Macro or Chart Macro where you could provide a payload and render the data on a Confluence page. Furthermore, if you want to retrieve data from Confluence itself, then you could retrieve data by consuming Confluence's REST API instead of querying directly the database.

Now, if you are retrieving data from an external database, then you should be looking at:

Please, feel free to search for other add-on in Atlassian's Marketplace as the above is just an example based on your inquire.

Hope the above helps.

Kind regards,
Rafael

Arif September 17, 2019

Hi @Rafael Pinto Sperafico.

Thanks for your response. My question is regarding Confluence.In Confluence I want to  build user interactive dashboards using the data which is in SQL server. Not from JIRA. Now I will refer the links the which you provided. Thanks for that :) . Will get back to you for more information.

Arif September 22, 2019

Hi RAfael

Good Morning !

Could you please suggest me, any tutorial in confluence to play around with SQL connections and data, and building dashboards based on SQL quires. (Not with JIRA)

Arif September 22, 2019

Tutorial for building Dashboards, using SQL quires

Hi,

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events