Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual collaboration in Confluence

Meg Bailey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2021

Did you know that 50% of the human brain is dedicated to processing visual information? 🤯 

👀 “Visual aids have long been embraced to communicate information more effectively than words or text alone. Incorporating visual content has been shown to increase memory retention, lengthen attention span, reengage the brain, and increase comprehension, amongst other benefits. So, if you want to maximize the impact of your Confluence pages, the value of visuals can’t be understated.” 

↗️ I’ve been thinking about this quote from the Workstream a lot lately. At Atlassian, we’re always thinking about collaboration – how to foster collaboration, how to improve collaboration, how to innovate for the future of collaboration, etc. Unsurprisingly, asynchronous collaboration has been top of mind for Atlassians over the past year or so as we’ve adapted to a fully remote, distributed workforce. 

💡 Async collab has myriad benefits for teams. (Need convincing? See this, this, and this) However, it’s important for teams to understand that async and visual collaboration are not mutually exclusive. In fact, visual collaboration is crucial for maximizing the impact of async collaboration by engaging team members and helping teams communicate complex ideas more effectively.

❓One of my favorite tools for visual, async collaboration is the Confluence Brainstorming template by MURAL. I’d love to hear from you: 

• Have you tried the Brainstorming template by MURAL? 
    • If not, give it a try and drop your thoughts below!👇
  • What are your best tips + tricks for visual collaboration? 
  • What are your favorite tools for visual collaboration?

1 comment

Comment

Tam _DevSamurai_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 20, 2021

If you are using Confluence or Jira you don't need any external tool like Mural or Miro, Leanboard for Confluence or Leanboard for Jira should be enough

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events