Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

User directory synchronization error as email warning

Is it option to set sending email warning for synchronization error to admin?

In case of problem on remote server, errors are in logs, but admin will not have any warning, only when user calls not able to login...

Or can it be a new type of Health Check ??? 

1 comment

Daniel Ebers Community Leader Sep 22, 2020

Hi Julius,

while I am not aware of anything that comes out of the box one approach could be to parse the logs for a specific pattern which signalizes that the user directory sync failed. Upon that finding you could page an admin.

As this is outside of the "actual" Confluence product there are surely tons of how-tos out there. I'd start with a script in a scripting language that you are comfortable with (Bash/Python/...) for this requirement. When finished calling it from a Cronjob (hourly or so) should do the job.

Of course, in case you have a bigger monitoring solution in place you could integrate with it also.

Cheers,
Daniel

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,685 views 7 31
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you