User created templates -- issue: content not saved once published

Lukas Stuckel November 25, 2018

Hi all. I have an issue when creating templates in Confluence (under space settings, content tools, user created templates). I create (under create new template) and populate the page, once formatted I hit save, the template gets created but all the content is gone. Alternative approach, publish template empty, hit edit and populate page to then save ends up with the same result - populated content does not get saved. Any help or guidance would be much appreciated 🙏🏼

3 comments

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2018

Hello, Lukas.

I just tried to reproduce the issue on my end though I verified that the newly created template gets populated accordingly when I chose it from the Create page. For example:

Create a new content:

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 08.48.02.png

Template under the Blank Space:

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 08.48.13.png

Can you please confirm if you are still observing the same behavior on your end? Additionally, can you please let me know if you are using any specific macros on that page so I can try to reproduce it specific to the scenario you have on your side? 

Lukas Stuckel November 27, 2018

Thanks for your reply, Ahmad.

Whether I simply type in content or copy and paste content from another confluence page, the result remains the same: once saved, the content I created disappears..

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2018

Hi, Lukas.

You are welcome. That's an unexpected behavior. Can you please provide some screen shot(s) from your end so I can verify the steps you reproduce it on your end?

the content I created disappears

Does that mean the template was created but the content is empty or is the template is not even created in the first place? Is there any error that appears on the interface that you can share?

Just want to understand the problem as much as I can to see if you might be affected by any of the Confluence Cloud bugs below:

Please keep me posted. Thanks.

Lukas Stuckel December 2, 2018

Yes, template was created but content is empty. When editing the published "empty" template and hit save, it remains empty. No error message showing on interface, nothing I can share. Other colleague in my team has the same issue, we both have full admin rights. Any opportunity to take conversation offline with Atlassian?

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
December 3, 2018

Hi, Lukas.

Sure thing. I went ahead and created a support ticket on your behalf to the Atlassian Cloud team for further assistance on this matter. They will be in touch with you soon. Thanks.

Like Lukas Stuckel likes this
Andrew_McCollum May 28, 2020

I work for a hugggge bank and I have a deadline tomorrow. I have tried 6 times to create a template and when I click "Save" it is available in the Create.... but doesn't have any of the formatting of anything!!

Please help.

Derek_Warren June 4, 2020

Ditto for me. And in fact, I made the mistake of doing lots of work before I clicked Save. I'm in a very foul, anti-Confluence mood at the moment. 

Anybody discovered anything yet? Ping! Ping! Ping!

Tom Tom December 15, 2021

I wonder why there is no one from Confluence who has resolved this issue in the last 18 months?

Like # people like this
Dimitri Calantzis January 17, 2022

Template cannot be saved if it contains copied images from another source... 

It should not allow you to copy content with images. When you try to insert an image into the template you have an error message that doesn't appear when you copy/past content from another page.

Leena Siddamshetty January 26, 2022

I am trying to help one user with Confluence. She has created a custom template. When se creates a page using that template, the page gets saved under different location but not where she is looking for. How can this be resolved? 

Leena Siddamshetty January 26, 2022

please ignore this. Was able to work it out.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events