#TalkMoreTuesday – red flags

Meg Bailey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2021

Hiya, Confluence Community! 👋

In the spirit of #TalkMoreTuesday, I thought it would be fun to hear from you about something that's been top of mind (and top of social media feed 😅) lately: red flags 🚩🚩🚩. 

If you're not familiar with this trend, I'll drop some links here and here for context. The TL;DR? Social media is currently riddled with red flag emojis as users discuss conversation dealbreakers on topics running the gamut from pizza toppings (team pineapple🍍versus the world 🌎) to sports rivalries to dating. 

Naturally, we couldn't resist hopping on the bandwagon:

“Sorry, only senior leadership can see that info…” 🚩
“That’s saved to my desktop” 🚩
“Could you send me the earlier version of that document?” 🚩
“File is too large to attach” 🚩
“I have feedback on sentence 3 of section 2, paragraph 4” 🚩
“I don’t have access to that tool” 🚩
“Oh you want to see that document? Sorry, we can’t access it because the employee left the company…” 🚩
“Wait that team is working on this too?” 🚩
“We don’t have a system for documentation” 🚩
“Collaboration tools don’t need to scale” 🚩
“Our team could never cut back on meetings, that’s how we collaborate” 🚩
“What’s the status of that project?” 🚩
“Wait, what were my action items?” 🚩

We'd love to hear from you: what 🚩🚩🚩 are missing from our list? They can be Connie-related (documentation, collaboration, knowledge-sharing, etc.) or play into broader themes (project management, workplace culture, tech stacks, etc.).

Bonus: drop your 🚩 on our Twitter thread and we'll send you a piece of Confluence swag (spoiler alert: it's incredibly comfy sweatshirts + sweatpants)! 

3 comments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2021

"I did it somewhere else because the tool doesn't work for me" 🚩

"I can't find it in the docs" 🚩

"There's a hundred and eleventy twelve things with the same name" 🚩

Like Meg Bailey likes this
Meg Bailey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2021

^Yes to all of these! The name one makes me shudder 😅 Thanks for these additions, Nic! Let me know your preferred email address or DM us on Twitter and I'll send your swag code. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2021

I DM'd you on Twitter (I don't like publishing email addresses here, people might use them!  Plus I've seen some scraped by spam lists)

Sedera Randria
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2021

"We're using Jira/Confluence because we want to be agile" 🚩

"I have a Jira workflow with more than 60 status..." 🚩

"Can we rename Confluence to Wiki" 🚩

Meg Bailey
Atlassian Team
October 20, 2021

The third one made me chuckle 🤣

Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2021

My collaboration-related red flags are...

10+ people in the "working session" 🚩

Ignoring working hours for international teams while scheduling meetings 🚩

Critiquing ideas during the brainstorm 🚩

Meg Bailey
Atlassian Team
October 20, 2021

Great ones! 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events