Restore large Space

Rob K June 1, 2018

I'm about to start a project to move a great deal of spaces, some of which have thousands of pages and dozens of gigabytes of attachments, into a newer version of confluence. I'm worried about moving such large files.  What are some best practices to move large XML files?

1 comment

Daniel Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2018

Hi @Rob K

I would suggest taking a look at this KB - https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/restoring-a-space-152036.html

Some key points from the article to take note of:

• Is your file too large to upload? This is a very common problem. It happens when the file can't be uploaded to the server in time. To avoid this problem, drop your export file into the <confluence-home>/restore directory and import it from there. 

• Is the import timing-out or causing out of memory errors? If the space to be imported is very large, you may need to temporarily increase the memory available to Confluence. See How to fix out of memory errors by increasing available memory.

And if this is your first time importing spaces, I would suggest doing it on a test Confluence instance so you can trial and error the imports.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events