Navigation enhancement coming to Confluence Cloud - Easy access to your recent pages & drafts

Elaine H.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2019

Hi, community!

It's Elaine from Confluence Cloud Product Management.

We know it's important for you to find information efficiently. My team has been focusing on making your navigation experience in Confluence easier. One such initiative is the new Recent drawer feature.

Recent drawer feature spotlight.png

Where can I find Recent drawer? What does it do?

Recent drawer is accessible from the global navigation (the narrow blue bar on the left) or via keyboard shortcut G then R.

It provides a list of your recently visited pages. You can get right back to them whenever you need and wherever you are in Confluence. Ever wondered where your drafts have gone? Now they're only one click away.

Recent drawer demo.gif

When can I get Recent drawer?

We just started the feature rollout to 30% of Confluence Cloud customers. It'll eventually get into the hands of all of our customers later this month of August.

We'd like to hear from you!

We hope this feature can help you find information faster and be more productive in Confluence. As always, we're all ears. Please leave us feedback in the Comments below if/when this feature is available to you - what you like, what you don't like, what can we improve on, and any idea this may spark. Thank you.

4 comments

Noah Warren October 9, 2019

so g opens search?  g then r opens recent... / opens search. 

seems unreliable, have to hit the keys quickly or sometimes I end up opening search and typing 'r' instead of opening recent.

much love to u all, good work.

breandax October 9, 2019

From memory (correct me if I'm wrong), keyboard shortcut for Search is double g (or forward slash)

Elaine H.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2019

Exactly what @breandax said ^^^

@Noah Warren does this address your concern?

Thank you both for sharing your thoughts and knowledge.

Mia October 10, 2019

I like the general idea and think the Drafts section will be particularly useful. But I also want to see my Saved for Later pages here. I looked around and only found one place I could view saved spaces and it wasn't quick to get to.

Elaine H.
Atlassian Team
October 10, 2019

Thank you for your feedback, @Mia. Your suggestion is being worked on as part of a larger initiative to improve Confluence Navigation. Stay tuned.

Bob Sovers October 24, 2019

Instead of Navigation enhancement,... & Easy access...  I would just like the documented keyboard shortcuts to work!  Better yet, provide a source for ALL of the keyboard shortcuts that should work (and what mode/content editor it works for!)

Toni_Bulla November 5, 2019

I've accessed a lot of pages today and made updates on some.  When I look at "recent pages", it is not showing me anything from today.  Starts with "Yesterday" at the top.  I need to see pages that I've access today.  I tried to refresh it but nothing changed.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events