Mind-blowing Confluence trick

Jenn Riek
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2021

Hi everyone! I'm Jenn, and I work on the Confluence team at Atlassian :). I'll be posting a series of questions to tickle the minds of all the Confluence enthusiasts out there! Hope you have fun thinking up some answers to my questions. 

What's a workflow or trick you use in Confluence that you didn’t know existed for a while and then blew your mind when you found it? 

Can't wait to read your answers!

Jenn

7 comments

Carla Ann Rowland
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2021

I created a nested reports using excerpt and excerpt include. The report was 4 tiers deep. The final report the user could edit tier four easily from level one.

I was unaware that there was a suggested max of macros on a confluence page. I exceeded that maximum for this report and the confluence pages did not crash.

Like Jenn Riek likes this
Michelle Rau good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2021

I discovered that wiki markup can be used in the header and footer fields to include things on every new page in the wiki, even if someone hasn't used a template.

Like # people like this
Michelle Rau good
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2021

And I discovered that the AUI Tabs addon/macro can be used to mockup a page that mimics the behavior of a website, by nesting and alternating the horizontal and vertical tabs.

Like # people like this
Michelle Rau good
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2021

I have seen the use of nested Expand macros to mimic the behavior of menu choices in an interface.

Like Jenn Riek likes this
Linh Pham_Adaptavist January 31, 2021

I've recently started using page properties, with which I would create page properties reports across multiple pages to create a dynamic directory. It makes navigating large Confluence instance a whole lot easier!  

Like # people like this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2021

The favorites macro will only show at most five favorites. However you can use the content by label macro to get the same results but show more than just five.

image.png

Like # people like this
Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

Keyboard shortcuts like G+R (server)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events