Live metrics in Confluence via Geckoboard

Hi everyone,

As a Geckoboard user, I wanted to share this tip as I think it’s a super-handy way to make sure the team can access key metrics throughout the day, even if your team is fully or partially distributed.

Full disclosure, I work at Geckoboard as the Tester, but I’d like to share this as someone who has used Confluence . Truth is I’ve always wanted to embed key metrics in a place where I know everyone can see them (many times a day). 

What is the challenge or problem this resolves?

Communicating key metrics to everyone in a fully-distributed team. 

What is your solution?

Embedding a live metrics dashboard in Confluence.  

Normally we have this up on a TV in the office, but given we’re all remote now, I’ve found a way to embed it inside Confluence. Now the team can quickly see the metrics we care about. 

These are the important steps to do this:

1. In Confluence, create a new page or edit an existing page.
  2. From the list of editing options along the top, click the plus + button at the end.confluence_edit_toolbar.png
  3. From the select macro pop-up window, search for iframe. Click the iframe option.
  4. Switch to Geckoboard, then find and copy your share link.   share_dashboard_panel.png
  5. Return to Confluence, in the pop-up window paste the share link url into the URL field.   confluence_iframe_config.png
  6. Now enter values for height and width. As a guide, set your width at around 800px to ensure you see the TV version of your dashboard.

Click Preview to see your changes.
  7. When you're ready, click Insert to return to your page.
  8. Click inside the added iframe, from the options select Go full width.  confluence_iframe_options.png
  9. Click Publish to see your dashboard in Confluence.

I hope that this is helpful

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events