Jira Service Desk(server), confluence Cloud for Knowledgebase

Carl Allen May 17, 2019

Greetings all,

We have a fairly robust internal confluence for our company, and an external facing customer service desk.

We are starting our customer knowledge-base phase.

We take e-mail requests from anonymous users, (and create an account) -- I know, not best practice, but what can you do, contracts!

So whatever we end up with has to be completely open, and thus the desire for a second confluence, for example some add-on selections that make using our confluence for a customer facing-knowledge-base not-ideal, such as SAML SSO.

I know that it no longer works the OTHER way:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/blog/2017/12/knowledge-bases-must-be-on-the-same-domain-as-your-service-desk

But has anyone had a similar experience, or maybe some ideas we could try?

1 comment

Vygandas Skrodenis May 23, 2019

Hi Calr,

From our own experience, we kept on asking customers to create acct for using JSD, as in my opinion  it's great to have some kind of authentication for customers. Creation of anonymous view for Confluence KB and having restrictions based in KB should help in limiting what customers can view. Also recommend revisiting all space to overview page permission configurations as it's most essential part in having anonymous user access to Confluence. 

I hope some ideas will help you finding solution.

Like Carl Allen likes this
Carl Allen May 23, 2019

Hmm The problem is that our service desk HAS to take e-mail requests per contracts.

So in order for someone to get an account all they had to do is send an e-mail into our service desk and then they get a customer account, this isn't terrible secure, but its one of our restrictions. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events