Issue with Page Properties Report

Geoff Chiang July 15, 2020

Hi all.  Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.  We have a whole heap of pages, each of which contains six or seven Page Properties macros with different IDs.  Within each of those Page Properties sections is a table as you would expect.  These pages all have the same structure - it's basically a database of sorts.  All of them also have the same label.

On the parent of these pages is the Page Properties Report macro which shows a handful of fields from these pages in a table.  This worked fine for a long time, but just today, I looked at it and it was quite broken.  Basically, each child page that it is picking up now has as many lines in the table as there are Page Properties macros on those child pages.  Most of those lines are empty (other than the title column) - but a couple will show the expected field values.  It seems to be putting in a line for each Page Properties macro, and if the requested fields happen to be within the macro that corresponds to the "current" line in the table, then it will show the requested data.

I did a simple test to check whether I had done something wrong.  I made a page with two Page Properties macros, each with a table and some data.  Then I made another page with the Page Properties Report picking up that page, requesting fields from only the table in the first macro.  As described above, it had two lines in the table for the one page, with the first line showing values and the second not.

Is anyone else seeing this?

4 comments

Geoff Chiang July 15, 2020

I just noticed this discussion here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Page-Properties-Report-shows-double-pages/qaq-p/1416941.

This is definitely new behaviour, as we've had multiple Page Properties macros on our pages for a while, and the report would only show the one line per page.  Question is which is the intended behaviour.

Geoff Chiang July 16, 2020

Interestingly, in the dialog to edit the properties of the Page Properties Report macro, there is a preview function, and the table renders correctly (i.e. as it used to) in that preview.  This suggests to me that the new behaviour on the page is a bug.

Thomas Bowskill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2020

Hi @Geoff Chiang 

On your Pages, do your tables (within the Page Properties macros) have the same headers? I had this issue before, and the cause turned out to be the same table headers were used. Was getting an extra row for every duplicated header. Check to see if your tables have the same text as the headers -- if they do, make all headers within PP macros unique.

Geoff Chiang July 16, 2020

Hi @Thomas Bowskill .  Thanks for the suggestion.  No, our tables don't have duplicate headers - I did check that.  As I noted, this seems to be new behaviour.  These pages haven't changed for a while.  Judging from the discussion in the page I've linked in my other comment, this change occurred in late June.

amassing July 21, 2020

Hi Geoff - 

We are experiencing the same issue as of a week or so ago. This is causing dozens of our page property reports to look like a total mess.

We need this fixed asap!

Geoff Chiang July 22, 2020

For anyone who is experiencing this, I've reported it to Atlassian and a bug has been raised: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-70478.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events