Improved access to your space navigation page tree

Elaine H.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2018

Hi, I'm Elaine, and I wanted to share something we've been working on that I think a lot of you will be really happy to see.

Those of you who've been using Confluence for over a year may remember that the page tree used to live in the space sidebar. As part of a larger initiative aiming to improve your navigation in Confluence and across Atlassian products, we removed page tree from the sidebar and rolled it up with the Pages tab in the second half of last year:

Old page tree.png

We’ve since learnt that this change didn’t accomplish what it had been meant to and changed direction accordingly. As a first step in our latest iteration, we're bringing the page tree back to the sidebar:

new page tree.png

Because of other dependent product changes, this wasn't as simple as reverting a change, and instead required us to rebuild a lot of this functionality. We've been rolling it out slowly and gradually because we want to make sure that it works without any errors.

Thank you for being so patient with this. We're really excited to get it out and hope you find it as useful as we do for getting around Confluence. We've been gradually rolling out this change so expect to see it on your Confluence instance in the coming weeks if you haven't already. If you have any question or feedback, please feel free to comment here.

Cheers,

Elaine

1 comment

Chris Johnston June 14, 2018

good to see this coming back.  Having to click a link and wait for a page load, just to click a link and wait for another page load was annoying.

Like Diana Carter likes this
Diana Carter December 15, 2018

Yes, it's hard to imagine navigating the space without page tree in the sidebar!   Why would you even need a sidebar if not for page tree navigation?  We are not on a current version and had not yet experienced this.  Very glad to see it's being fixed.  Thanks for listening to users.  (Sometimes it pays to stay on an older version. . . )

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events