How to document ISO procedures

Our case description:

we're a software company of around 200 employees, working on getting ISO 27001 implemented. We're struggling with how to document / implement this in our Confluence instance.

Our current situation is that we have spaces for various departments (ie: Sales, administration, Customer Support, R&D). Each space has the possibility to add procedures (with a predefined template).

As procedures can be relevant for multiple for multiple departments (ie: order processing is relevant for sales & administration), we use labels combined with the content by label macro to show a procedure over multiple spaces. However: as the correct labels have to be added manually, this probably will be forgotten when creating a new procedure.

So my question: how do you guys do this, we've been thinking about some alternatives:

• all procedures set in one 'procedure space'
    The procedures aren't really embedded in the workflow of the employees
    Managing all procedures will probably be easier.
    Searching for a procedure will probably be easier.
  • Procedures are cut up into pieces (the order processing procedure will be split in 2 parts, one for sales, one for administration, with (for instance) a link at the end of the page, or a 'dependencies' block at the top of the page.
    I expect it will be harder to manage all procedures in this case.

I'm very curious for your replies!

1 comment

Jacob, did you find a solution?

I would also be interested to know that.

I am also interested in this. Trying to tie JIRA and Confluence together for ISO.

Hi there.

Unfortunately not yet. The project has also changed ownership. I'll inform the new owner on this topic.

Thanks.

Much appreciated.

Comment

Community showcase
Published 8 hours ago in Confluence Cloud

Happy holidays from our team to yours!

Hi Community!  2018 was filled with changes for our team, both big and small, and we've taken a lot of time to both celebrate our wins and recognize areas of improvement. One thing that we're a...

86 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you