Nidhi August 2, 2021

How to add column to jira filter result in confluence

Say JIRA filter returns key and summary

I need to add Impact column for each result

3 comments

Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2021

Hi @Nidhi ,

It seems that it is a duplicate question for this one.

Still I'll repeat my previous answer here: you may check this thread (my second answer) with the same case exactly.

The solution is based on our app - Table Filter and Charts for Confluence. The answers are detailed and with screenshots - you may just repeat everything step-by-step.

Like # people like this
Saidroid p July 6, 2023

My  need it to able to modify fields directly  from the jira filter list and save them. Say modify summary, comments from the list instead of opening each jira

Nidhi August 2, 2021

Thank you for your quick response!! 

let me add some details to my problem

I need table like below; where in Issue Key and Summary would come from JIRA filter and users has to fill data for other 2 columns( Why did it happen(Explain root cause of defect),How did it escape?) against each row returned from JIRA filter.

Would your solution work in this scenario. Kindly help as I am struggling from past few days

Excel.PNG

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2021

Yes, it doesn't matter which manually created table you want to add (it can have any columns you want).

The Jira Issues table will be matched with the manually created table by the unique Issue Key field.

Nidhi August 2, 2021

One quick question: can we use data returned by JIRA filter macro as table

would the user be able to edit merged table manually for the columns (WHY did it happen and HOW dir it happen)

I tried with table transformed in edit mode, it showed 2 table instead of merged table

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2021

In edit mode you will be able to edit you manually created table (add rows/columns, fulfill Why.../How... cells) and every time you publish the page you'll see your merged table.

Like Valérie Wattelle likes this
Nidhi August 2, 2021

I have used below query in SQL for table transformer

SELECT T1.'Key', T1.'Summary', T1.'Resolution' FROM T1 UNION SELECT T2.'Why did it happen(Explain root cause of defect)?',T2.'How did it escape?', T2.'Where should we have caught it(Defect Determination)?' from T2

In above I am not getting T2 columns in merged table

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2021

You don't need to use any custom SQL - choose the Look Up preset and combine you tables by the "Key" column.

And don't forget to add the "Key" column to your second manually created table! 

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2021

Wed 1-1 (1).png

We should be able to match the two tables by the unique "Key" column

Like Nidhi likes this
Nidhi August 2, 2021

I dont have any common data in my tables. As I told you, for first table I am getting data from JIRA Issue/Filter

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2021

As I have mentioned before, you should have something common to merge your tables - for your case it's the "Key" field.

For the first table it's generated automatically by the Jira Issues macro.

For the second table it's a manually created column. You type in the key of the issue that you want to comment on and leave some text into the Why.../How... cells.

And the Table Transformer matches the keys from the two tables and combines the result table.

If you don't have anything common between your tables, then the Table Transformer macro won't know to which issue your comment belongs. Besides the Jira Issues macro is a dynamic macro and its output changes on the fly.

Nidhi August 2, 2021

thank you..Actually I need table data which changes dynamically based on JIRA Issue/FIiter macro

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2021

Let's wait for the answers from other vendors, but I really can't come up with a better solution.

If both of your tables come from the Jira Issues macro, then you may merge them automatically by a unique field (see an example here).

But if you need to add comments by hand in Confluence, then you really have to follow my solution with a manually created "Key" column.

Nidhi August 2, 2021

thank you for your help..

The simple need is to have columns from JIRA macro along with few custom column whose data user has to fill in. This table should be dynamic based on JIRA macro results.

Can you guide me in case I could do some coding or have data synching from excel to confluence where in I will have excel data dynamically loaded from JIRA

kunal ved March 25, 2022

Hi Katerina, 

My query is same as what Nidhi is asking. I would put it as an example

I need to have new editable columns appended to the result set of the jira macro.

Let's say the jira returns a table  with fields viz -  Key, Summary , Status.

I wish to add to new columns PostReleaseAssesment, RollbackPlan fields  to the table , in which I wish I can manually fill in those fields.

So the table fields are 

Key -- Filled automatically from Jira

Summary -- Filled automatically from Jira

Status-- Filled automatically from Jira

PostReleaseAssesment -- Manually Filled by the user

RollbackPlan -- Manually Filled by the user

Thanks,

~kv

Like Muhammad Abbas Sheikh likes this
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2022

I have nothing more to add - the manually created table should contain the Key field that user will fill him/herself.

The autogenerated Jira table and the manually created one will be looked up by the common Key column.

sridhar vaidyanathan February 2, 2023

This solution works for me. However, when I am in edit mode, the Jira table details are not that clear due to poor resolution. I am unable to lookup the key (JIRA number) to enter into the manual table. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events