How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Brittany Sudlow
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2020

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details.

This week’s discussion is a little more fun…well…because it’s about fun! How have your teams utilized Confluence to keep funtivities alive?

Personally, my team had a page where we would guess dates for the “reopening of the office” and would review/update it weekly. At Atlassian as a whole, we celebrated May the Fourth (Be With You) with trivia. Signups were on a Confluence page and people got pretty creative with the gifs and smack talk on that page from all across the globe.

What creative ideas do you have that I can test out? Don’t forget, all commenters are submitted to a drawing for a prize! See you next week.

4 comments

Mike Rink
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2020

Great topic @Brittany Sudlow ! We decided to make some COVID-19 related donations as a part of our Pledge 1% commitment. Our team used a Confluence page to take submissions/make decisions about which charities to support. Not necessarily a "fun" way to use Confluence, but it was a good morale booster :) 

Like # people like this
Brittany Sudlow
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2020

Donating sounds fun to me :)

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 19, 2020

We've been writing lots of blog posts. 🙃

I've had a teammates get married, join the team, troubleshoot their unreliable internet connection, get ready to move, and get read to have a baby. All have blogged about it, which has been awesome for us all to celebrate together.

💬I've noticed inline comments have become great spots for jokes and side conversations within each blog. It's like being at a party with different circles of people talking.

Like # people like this
Brittany Sudlow
Atlassian Team
May 19, 2020

Wow I sure hope that list didn't happen to just one person!! Hah! 

I love the blog culture you have!

Like Matt Reiner _K15t_ likes this
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 19, 2020

Now that WOULD be a wild ride. 🤣 Nope, we're just sharing the ride.

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2020

Nice question @Brittany Sudlow ! We have done some nice planning sessions using the embedded Trello board in a Confluence page (not all fun, but some of it was since we had break prompts we put on cards). And I have way too much fun setting up Trello boards too...

We are also blogging about what we learn from attending others' webinars and sharing back with others on the team. Would be nice to have a blog template like you guys have @Matt Reiner _K15t_ !

Like Brittany Sudlow likes this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2020

Woohoo - doing the happy dance!

Great topic @Brittany Sudlow and thanks for the swag!! <3

Like Brittany Sudlow likes this
Brittany Sudlow
Atlassian Team
May 20, 2020

Hope you picked something good! Email me of a photo when you get it, if you want!

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 21, 2020

I will!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events