Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does your team share information between Jira and Confluence?

Julien Peyrade @ Elements
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 21, 2022

Hello,

I'm interested in hearing how your team communicates between Confluence and Jira.

In my mind, there are two problematics at play here, with different goals : in some cases it may be important to retrieve Confluence information in Jira, and in other cases it will be super useful to get Jira info in Confluence pages.

I believe that the main use case to retrieve Confluence data in Jira is when trying to give access to a Knowledge Base to JSM support agent. Basically, this feature, introduced a few months ago : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/Introducing-embedded-Confluence-pages-in-Jira-Software/ba-p/1854275

On the other hand, getting Jira info in Confluence would be mostly useful for stakeholders who work daily in Confluence but never step foot in Jira.
In this case, the Confluence pages would be use to solidify info from Jira in a location where it would be actually useful (and where it would remain for a long time, whereas Jira issues may have a shorter lifespan).

What's your opinion on this? Do you see other possible use cases?
How does your team manage this exchange of information?

Thank you so much for any input.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events