How does Confluence support accessibility for all users?

jen-sadler October 18, 2019

I want to ensure that all of the Atlassian users in my organization ( Both internal employees using confluence and Jira and the customers who use service desk) are able to take full advantage of the products.

I live in Canada and one in five Canadians (or 6.2 million) aged 15 years and over had one or more disabilities that limited them in their daily activities, according to new findings from the 2017 Canadian Survey on Disability (CSD)(Statistic source: Statistics Canada ). In Australia, where Atlassian is based, at least 1 in 5 Australians has some sort of disability and almost 1 in 7 Australians has a disability that restricts daily activities (Statistic Source: Presentation by Russ Weakley)

Accessible technology is Technology that is Perceivable, Operable, Understandable, and Robust to all users regardless of disability.

I believe that ensuring that Atlassian products are an accessible technology is important for human dignity. Many organizations like mine have a top-down accessibility policy to comply with federal regulations, so this will come up over and over again, but I'm more interested in helping those in my organization who face either permanent or temporary disabilites.

To that end, I would like to know about what good features already exist in Confluence, Jira and Service Desk so that I can raise awareness about them in my organization. I would also like to encourage Atlassian to continue to think about those who are differently able to do things that most people take for granted

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events