Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get access right to confluence if I have an Jira account from my company's account?

YUQING_WANG September 17, 2019

Hi,

I already have a Jira account using my company's email. I can go to jira. However, I cannot access to confluence to produce PR and UC. Could you tell me how to do it? My colleague tell me a solution is to raise an incident under customer zero service dest project via Jira, and refer CZSD-22508 to raise a ticket. However, I don't know the meaning of it.

Please tell me how to have the right to access Confluence.

Many Thanks!

Yuqing 

1 answer

1 vote
Kiran Panduga {Appfire}
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2019

Hi 

If you want all the JIRA users access Confluence using their JIRA credentials, then they will have to configure JIRA user Management in confluence. 

To connect Confluence to a Jira application:

1. In your Jira application go to  > User Management > Jira User Server.
    (For Jira 6.4 and earlier go to your Jira administration screen then Users > Jira User Server
    • Click Add Application.
    • Enter the application name and password that Confluence will use when accessing Jira.
    • Enter the IP address or addresses of your Confluence server. 
    • Save the new application.

For more information, please visit the below KB article - 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/connecting-to-crowd-or-jira-for-user-management-229838465.html

Thanks,

Kiran.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events