Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are you using Confluence table visualization?

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 7, 2022

Hi there,

I'm Matt with K15t and I'm working on a video about table visualization in Confluence. It's pretty new on the scene, so I don't have the typical wealth of examples to pull from here at K15t.

I'd love to know how your team is using table visualization and why. And of course, any pictures you can share would be fun, since charts are so visual. 

1 comment

Comment

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

@Matt Reiner _K15t_like you and a lot of other users I waited patiently for this feature to arrive and started trying it out when I got asked to help someone with a pdf export and found out the charts don't export to pdf. Here is a screenshot of my test page:

Table vis Screenshot_PDF export.png

When I exported it to PDF I originally got an error in the export report. In playing around with it the error report goes away but it still shows as an error on the pdf itself. Any ideas why?

PDF error report.pngPDF export with error.png

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 9, 2022

@Danno

Seems like you're not alone. I'm also seeing this.

I checked with the team here at K15t who makes our Scroll PDF Exporter app and they said this is because the tables are displayed using browser technologies (great because they're very adaptive) and don't yet have an export mode (like an image file that can be exported to the PDF).

There's a Jira issue for this improvement here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-74231

Steven Bao
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2022
Like Matt Reiner _K15t_ likes this
Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

@Steven BaoI'm wondering if this is an issue with being on the basic Confluence subscription. I went back in to try it again and I still get the same error.

Steven Bao
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2022

@Danno it shouldn't be, the improvements should be made for all tiers. Please message me the name of your Confluence instance at sbao@atlassian.com and I can verify if the feature has been indeed turned on for your instance.

Cheers,

Steven

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
September 12, 2022

Great timing @Steven Bao! Thanks, I'll check it out.

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
September 12, 2022

@Steven Bao any plans to make an export format of these charts so that may team could export them as well using our app?

Steven Bao
Atlassian Team
September 12, 2022

@Matt Reiner _K15t_ export tables to csv has come across in our research as something requested - however, I'll send this to our PM that owns this area to respond on any details. 

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
September 13, 2022

@Steven Bao ah yes, exporting as a CSV would be nice for sure. What we need for Scroll PDF Exported is some sort of export format, like an image file of the chart. This seems to be a pretty standard practice used in Confluence and third party apps that create visual elements like this. As an example, both Draw.io and Gliffy provide image files we can then export in a PDF.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events