Google Slide Embed

Jaime October 9, 2018

Can you embed a google slide onto a confluence page?

4 comments

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2018

Hello, Jaime.

Yes, you should be able to embed Google slide to a Confluence page using the Widget Connector macro as per the following screen shot:

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 14.05.36.png

If you need additional information on this, please refer to the official documentation that lists the steps to do this - How to Add a Google Doc to the Widget Connector Macro

1. Navigate to Google Drive
  2. Edit the Doc
  3. Under File choose: Publish to the web
  4. Publish the document
  5. Click the Share button
  6. Copy the URL
  7. Paste the URL into the Widget Connector Macro
  8. The document will be displayed in Confluence. Updates to the document will also be displayed

Let me know how it goes on your end.

Joan February 11, 2019

Hello Ahmad, 
I followed your instruction, but I am still unable to view the google slides in Confluence. 

Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 10.16.18 PM.png

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2019

Hi, @Joan

Thanks for providing the screen shot so we can get a better understanding on the current status of this issue. It seems that it could potentially be either Google or Confluence side issue after going through the thread I stumbled upon here:

In this case, I would recommend you to go through the solution suggested by Yasmin first before attempting the fix shared by Andy. Keep me posted on the outcome. Thanks.

ribailey November 21, 2019

I'd like an option to lock the view to the one slide.  Scrolling on the web page can cause the slide to change without the user knowing the slide had changed.  

I want to be able to present a single slide of my choice and not allow us her to accidentally page through the slides.  

I dont care of they click to open the deck and view the slides. 

Like # people like this
Nar Kumar C_ - Narva Software
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 21, 2020

If you are using Confluence Cloud, you can use our add-on: HTML & Iframe Macro for Confluence

In order to embed embed Google slides, please follow these steps:

1. Open the slide you want to embed from Google Drive
  2. Navigate to File -> Publish to the web
  3. Click on Embed tab. Here you can define settings (height, width, start slide etc.)
  4. Copy the iframe code

Go the Confluence page, open above mentioned HTML macro and paste the iframe embed code to macro body. Finally, publish the Confluence page and Google slide should be embedded.

Feel free to contact us if you face any issue.

jbondy July 27, 2020

While I was successful embedding a Google Slides deck into a wiki page using the Widget Connector macro, fullscreen seems to be not functioning.

Does anyone know a reason why or a way to fix this?

Thank you 

Nar Kumar C_ - Narva Software
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 27, 2020

As far as I know fullscreen mode is disabled by Atlassian because of security issues related to embedding contents from from the web.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events