Emoji usage: how you express your mood and emotions in Confluence?

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2021

Hey, Confluence users! 💙

That question bothers me for a while. I see more and more platforms releasing support for emojis, gifs, reactions, and various possible options for users to be "emotional" online. 

In the World Gone Wild situation, people look tired of constantly explaining how they feel. Liking, loving, and thumbs-up quickly become our first friends and saviors when a conversation (or content review) is stuck.

I am a big user of emojis, gifs, funny custom memes, anything that keeps the mood up, and my content funny and interesting (when appropriate, of course).

But honestly, as a user, sometimes I find it overwhelming.

I'm curious to hear your point of view and approach when it comes to conversations, tone, and emotions in the remote workplace!

2 comments

Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2021

@Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ Good thought.
Emojis are always the best helper to express your mood over a text. 
for conversation builders, I think a quick direct video msg could solve and express the exact expression that are needed.

Barbara Berti
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 26, 2021

The truth is that we make sense of the world through all our senses. Words alone are not enough and icons and emoji often come to our rescue. After all, pictures are the first written form of communication ever attempted so it is only natural that we tend to go back to that.

Actually, I wrote an article on the advantages of using icons, the takeaway message being that, if properly used, they enhance communication, make texts more readable and memorable. I'll let you decide what 'properly used' means :)

Like • # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2021

Thank you for linking your article, @Barbara Berti! Great read :) 

Like • Barbara Berti likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events