Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document lifecycle management in Confluence?

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2019

We're facing some challenges with managing our documentation in Confluence, especially since moving to Cloud. Here's our environment:

• 100+ spaces that hold documents that need to be reviewed on a regular basis (annually or semi-annually). Not all documents are subject to review.
  • One space where all new documentation is initially submitted for review/approval.
  • One person who assigns documents to individual members of a small group of reviewers.

We're trying to effectively use Comala Workflows Lite to manage the document review process, but it doesn't fit our current environment for a few reasons:

• Reporting/tracking is at the Space level, which is unmanageable in our present environment.
  • Cannot control who is able to approve a document. This functionality actually exists, but is not available because we use a 3rd-party SSO in conjunction with Atlassian Access. The Workflows product uses authentication to control the Approvers, and it is not compatible with SSO.

So... I'm looking for ideas, suggestions, alternatives. Does anyone have a process that is even remotely similar? How do you work?

I'm not afraid of apps (add-ons) if they'll accomplish a goal. It's also not out of the realm of possibilities to restructure Confluence if necessary, as long as it makes sense.

I'd love to hear your stories, experiences, ideas.

1 comment

Comment

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2019

Being the patient person I am, I've already decided that we're going to move all of the reviewable docs to one or two spaces.

It only solves some of the challenges, and I'm unhappy that the tool(s) are dictating how we work, but I guess Confluence can't be all things to all people.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events