Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you use any Atlassian products for your personal projects?

Viewing page 2 of 2

37 comments

Comment

Eugene Davidovich April 4, 2019

I use Confluence for my own wiki style organization.

Chris Lutz April 22, 2019

Funny you brought this up.  There was actually a good session at Summit this year about using Trello to track your personal life details.  

But, Rachel Wright uses Jira and Confluence to track and manage almost our whole lives.  We travel full time so Confluence comes in real handy when managing complicated travel details.  

And, she even used Confluence to write her whole Jira Strategy Admin Workbook in first before publishing.  But, yes, nearly every detail of our daily lives is in an Atlassian product somewhere.

Like Emily Koch likes this
Joseph Otico April 24, 2019

Awesome discussion here! We've just started using Jira Service Desk and Confluence for a month now and gotta say it's working very good.

Now I've been meaning to use Confluence for personal stuff and I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Lots of great ideas and shares here, cheers!

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2019

I use Bitbucket for personal code repository.

I think cost is really important for personal stuff, one can use tool like confluence to maintain nice blog, but if you are hosting it on your own server cost will be too high as compared to conventional solutions like Wordpress.

On Jira, I think it is a teams tool, task list is enough for personal stuff.

Natasha Yates August 20, 2019

Whilst I haven't used Atlassian product in my personal life, one of my colleagues created a KanBan Board with different coloured post it notes for her house move and then for her house renovation.  It did make me think about using Jira Issuetypes and creating Kanban Board in my personal life and reading this thread makes me think .... Why Not?!

Michelle Rau good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2019

Delighted to read you're using Trello for NaNoWriMo! 

I have been using Trello to help plot my novels using the Save the Cat! beats method. Each list is a "beat" where certain things have to develop in the plot. I use cards for scenes within each beat and tag them with story arc, character, etc. using one of the power-ups to add metadata.

Being stubborn, and wanting to use the tools I like and already have, I decided to find a way to easily transfer the Trello plot scenes to Scrivener. I use a Chrome extension to export all the cards and metadata, then use Aeon Timeline as a conduit to get the scenes into Scrivener. I'm planning to write up my (somewhat complicated and one-way) process. 

James Bullock October 7, 2019

I, for one, am interested in yr export pipe hack.

Best thing I saw on story "beats" was Tim Minear, Breaking the Story, in which he doesn't use the term at all. The whole exercise is finding and wrangling beats.

James Bullock October 7, 2019

Best take I've seen on the "Building from Chunks" approach is Gerald M ("Jerry") Weinberg's Weinberg on Writing: The Fieldstone Method: about curating the chunks. While he's known for his category-defining technical n human-systems books -- I'm a shameless fan. -- his very first fiction novel I described as "Very like, and quality-comperable to, early late-Heinlein."

Myself, I use Confluence KMS as a rock pile, collection of notions and bits, and resource card file. I do well enough fleshing out a "notion" in KMS then jumping straight into text editor, pulling in from KMS to plug in stuff that's already there-ish. Navigating and wrangling the material and pieces in progress is a challenge for me, where the content-based entry points of a KMS help a lot.

People swear by Scrivener as a professional writing tool; it's on my list to go try.

Michelle Rau good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2019

Weinberg's book sounds interesting, I'll add that to my wish list. I like the idea of both Confluence and Trello as "rock piles." 

I haven't used my transfer process in a while, so I'll find and refresh the writeup and post again.

I like Scrivener a lot for writing, though it's such a powerful program there is quite a learning curve.

Eric_Rector June 7, 2020

Confluence is a nice tool. I also use it at work.

But want to use it at home, privately for me alone. So If I understand this all correctly. There is NO free / personal version that I can install on my local machine or in docker?

The only option is the 10$/mo. plan?

I can only use the EVALUATION LICENSE for 30 days. Or can I use it indefinitely, but with no support after the 30 days?

Alex Romano July 15, 2020

I'm a Sr. Business Analyst, and at one point, I found myself keeping notes on things which needed doing - in half-written emails, in notepads, in slack channels, as reminders, on my calendars... wow.

I created my own project in JIRA cloud (for work stuff only, no personal obv.) and honestly, I couldn't be more in love.

It took time to build the discipline to interrupt myself to put those tasks on my board, but after that it was all payoff. I can break tasks into smaller tasks, leave myself notes about where I'm blocked, add files or links that trickle that help me in that task, and I write most of my tasks very much like software cards.

I love prioritizing my own work. Looking at good titles, I can see immediately what I need to get done throughout the day. I can even schedule calendar time based on the priorities for the week.

From the Done column, I can derive a sense of my own productivity and make adjustments accordingly.

Geert Kraaijeveld _ Xperit March 13, 2021

I know it's an old thread. But I really like to know wether you can share some images on how you organize your personal spaces. Could be really helpful.

Like Robin Curtis likes this
Miron Ivano _Timescale_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 22, 2022

Yes it is a great app tto track all my activities for my projects.

Robin Curtis June 2, 2023

THIS is AMAZING!!  I'm new to Confluence and had never heard of Trello before.  I'm using Jira and Confluence at work but am super-excited about the possibility of organizing everything in my life like you folks talk about.  Just signed up for personal Trello account.  Already using my personal Confluence space to figure out how to organize work and keep my education notes.  I, for one, will be keeping my eyes open for more details and Best Practices and setup ideas along these lines!!  Thank you all for your exciting and inspiring commentary!! 

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 7, 2023

I have started using Atllassian JIRA Software ( Cloud ) for my personal use. I also do some simple stuffs on my Roadmap too.

I used Trello in the past but I am back to JIRA again.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events