It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

DB Space required to setup confluence

Hi,

I'm planning to setup confluence with external DB, may I know the DB space required?

Or may I know what all I need to consider to configure Confluence with MS SQL or Oracle DB?

Thanks,

RadhaKrishna

2 comments

I guess the size of the database depends on your planning as to how much are you and your firm planning to use Confluence in near future - you may be able to conceive a rough idea of its growth.

Currently we have 100+ pages to upload and every year around 100 pages will be added.

Let me know If you have method to calculate size, if my content is as follows for example?

100 pages plain text per year

Audio/Video recordings : 2 GB per year

Kindly provide some quantitative method to calculate.

Zak_Laughton Atlassian Team Jan 24, 2020

Hi Radha!

Check out the Server Hardware Requirements guide. This recommends a minimum of 10 GB for the database. Also note that any attachments (such as audio or video files) will be stored in the application server file structure, not the database.

I hope this helps!
– Zak

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

283 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you