Confluence new navigation bar issues

Bruno Miretti June 8, 2020

Hi,

Just saw the new navigation bar has been setup for anonymous users and it seems this has not been really tested. Here are some issues I got, please report yours too:

• How can I force the "Home" button to go to a specific space and not list me some random spaces (as an anonymous user) ?
  • What is the "Create" button doing here for anonymous users ?? Of course they cannot create as they are not logged in but please remove unnecessary and confusing buttons
  • How to get a list of spaces and not that useless tiles that show space names and even not the whole name. How come didn't you think about long space names ?
  • The drop down list "Spaces" button also do not show the whole names.
  • As a logged in user, I switched also to the new navigation bar for testing and now I can't see the list of all the spaces I subscribed to, only some tiles (seven) with incomplete space names, which is totally useless. I have subscribed to 16 spaces to navigate quickly between them and you added several clicks to get there now. Why can't I see directly "My spaces" here instead of those tiles ?

3 comments

W_Erber June 8, 2020

I fully agree with the points made above.

To add one comment: The "Spaces" tiles are really an oddity. A lot of space is used up, but the full space names are not shown. It would be better to have a list of starred spaces instead of the tiles (or even better: a configuration option to select list vs. tiles). A list would also be more consistent with the other sections of the home screen - which are represented in scrollable lists.

Like Bruno Miretti likes this
RPT Admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2020

Commenting this question for visibility - unfortunately I don't have any answers.

My knowledge base has tens of thousands of anonymous users - far more than licensed, logged in users - and I really don't want them thinking that they can create new content.  It's just another example of Atlassian not considering the requirements of wikis that have anonymous users when they're designing updates. 

<sigh> 

Like Bruno Miretti likes this
Bruno Miretti June 12, 2020

I managed to make Atlassian open a suggestion for this. You can vote here:
CONFCLOUD-70213 

Ok it's only a vote but if 200% of the customers vote for this, this request will be considered...

Like RPT Admin likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events