cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence integration with Qlik Sense via the API

va_belyaev_npff_ru September 14, 2020

Hello community!

A little background:
We use Quick Sense (QS) to analyze our JIRA projects, because QS is perfect for this.
And on the basis of Confluence we set up work with other systems used in our organization. We set up integration with other systems via the PocketQuery for Confluence (PQ) plugin.
PQ is well suited for these needs. It helps conveniently configure connections to databases and APIs of other systems and visualize this data in Confluence.

Question:
Has anyone already tried to make friends with Confluence and Qlik Sense? Any successful integration experience?
Google gave us a solution to use <iframe>, but it doesn't work for us. We have significantly fewer licenses for QS than for Confluence, and it is very inconvenient to log in every time you open a page in Confluence.
I still want to somehow use the API to "pull" our graphs and visualizations for projects from QS.
I would appreciate any suggestions and comments.

All the best,
Vladislav.

2 answers

1 vote
va_belyaev_npff_ru September 14, 2020

@Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_ , thank you for responding to the discussion!

Yes, Qlik Sense has its own REST API.
But I'm not sure this will work.

The open guide to Qlik Sense says that QS has different kinds of APIs. Capability APIs looks like the most suitable for our case.

In any case, thank you for inviting us to your support service :)
I will definitely try what you suggested and open a support ticket in case of serious difficulties.

Bests,
Vladislav.

0 votes
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 14, 2020

Hi Vladislav,

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Qlik Sense and do not know of any Confluence integration for it but maybe Qlik Sense has a REST API for producing charts? Although untypical, they might have some endpoints which return already rendered HTML which you could then simply display through PocketQuery.

From a quick look at one of the examples on the frontpage qlik.dev they seem to use nebula.js for their charts. If you simply embed the same script tags in your PocketQuery Template that they use, you could also use nebula.js for rendering your data (if PocketQuery's Google Charts integration doesn't cut it for you).

If you have any concrete questions about how to set any of this up in PocketQuery don't hesitate to raise a support ticket with us. :)

Cheers,
Sven

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events