Confluence as a training portal

Julie Tholen March 18, 2018
Starting a new client contract and they use Confluence, which I am new to. So I am interested in hearing how /if you use Confluence as your training portal,LMS, or repository.

6 comments

Evan Golden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2018

Hi Julie

Without knowing more, I recommend you use both Confluence and Jira as a solution.  You can use Confluence to house the content of the training, and Jira to manage the workflow for the request and completion of the training. 

If you want to stay only in Confluence, there are LMS add-ons like Learn Up and Gilly you can try.

Like # people like this
Dmitry Mironov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2018

Questions for Confluence may be OK for you as well, depending in training type you plan to have.

Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2018

I also use EduBrite LMS with their free Gilly add on in Confluence. That is a good bridge between the power of confluence and a powerful LMS.

I am using in a public site for open source so you can test it there.

if you login you will see on each of the webinars two options, one for just watching the webinar (like a regular youtube video) or the one with certificate. Despite it is on a page and you will play it from there, the LMS behind the scene is capturing the event and tracking your learning.

(if you have problems accessing please send me an email to faballopez@gmail.com)

https://www.vxvista.org/display/vx4Learn/Recorded+Webinars

For more information you should contact the edubrite team, here is the marketplace page for the free add on (but you will need the EduBrite platform)

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/28320/gilly-lms-add-on-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

It really depends in how hard you need a full LMS.

Like Manish Gupta _EduBrite_ likes this
Kate _izi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 8, 2018

Hi Julie,

You can create educational tests and training courses using the izi - LMS for Confluence add-on. It allows you to make courses for employee and customer education right in Confluence.

Kind regards,

Katerina Kolina

Like Deleted user likes this
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2018

@Kate _izi_ thanks for contributing to Community.  However please review our Atlassian Community guidelines for Marketplace vendors and Solution Partners.   A number of your posts have recently been removed because they are not following these guidelines.

Thanks,

Andy

Kevin Daniels October 18, 2018

Hi Julie, I suggest that you have a look at LearnUp for a seamless learning experience within Confluence. 

Azwandi _ServiceRocket_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 20, 2019

I'd love to speak with anyone interested in this topic. At ServiceRocket, training and learning development is our specialty. Check out our new SCORM Learning for Confluence app.

Our goal is to make it a breeze for you to run training/learning program in Confluence. Easy and simple upload, delivery and tracking via SCORM standard.

Disclaimer: I'm from the ServiceRocket team who built the app.

Saf Eena July 24, 2019

Booking tool for classroom trainings in LearnUp?

Dear all,

Currently we´re using JIRA and Atlassian with the add-on LearnUp. The eLearning courses are available and easy to access. Classroom trainings are also listed in the LearnUp overview to show their agenda and organizational information.

What´s still missing is a tool for the following functions:

• Automatic notification to the course author if there are new registrations
  • Display of number of registrations for each course
  • Sign up for specific course dates (comparable to an appointment booking with doodle)
  • Comment function in the LearnUp area (general or under each course) so colleagues can suggest further course topics. Other colleagues should be able to comment these suggestions.

I´m looking forwards to any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Kevin Daniels August 29, 2019

Hi @Saf Eena thanks for sharing these features suggestions. We can definitely set a call to discuss furthermore your use cases and assess what could fit in our Roadmap. 

What do you think ? 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events