Confluence User Seats like JSD

Chris Purser May 2, 2017

I've read else where that there is some discussion to allow user seats for customers in confluence similarly to the way that JSD offers them.  Where the confluence USE seat encompasses things like having your own personal space, being able to be assigned as an administrator of a space, even editing pages, BUT that a lesser user (Maybe call it a Community User) can simply be an identity, who can comment and watch pages.  

Is there further discussion of this being permitted at some point in the future? Many of us use confluence like a knowledge base for customers who simply want to read, comment and follow subjects. They don't need full user seat access at all, nor would we want them to have it.

I think if this was implemented you would find MANY more people choosing confluence for this purpose.  Today we are either forced to use anonymous visibility or simply use someone else's product for KBs.

2 comments

Mary Connor May 3, 2017

YES. Huge need for this! 

Jan-Peter Rusch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2017

Hm, if you compare this to JSD this would make a Confluence Full license very expensive, 10 editors 3000 $... Would you like this? Accessing a Confluence space thru JSD is not counting to the Confluence license count, as I recall.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events