cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collaborative Docs - Confluence DC/Server vs Cloud - Functional Differences

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

Hey all, spurred by a comment on Michelle's excellent "Five Stages of Word Import" Survival Guide I've created a very rough sheet for people to contribute to:

Basically I did a quick copy/paste of the existing KB articles (referenced in the URL column), and tried to boil things down to a binary yes/no for each feature.

I know there is much much more to this, down to very detailed differences. I welcome everyone's input (hopefully it doesn't get too out of control.)

Thank you!

(Corresponding discussion and sheet for Jira.)

2 comments

Comment

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

If you're averse to Google Docs, please feel free to add your additions for Confluence here, and I'll see about adding them to the sheet.

Michelle Rau good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2021

I'm excited to see you start this list @Darryl Lee ! I added a couple things I've looked into, feel free to reorganize them in the list. It seems there could be a section about "basic" or "core" Confluence functionality, and perhaps another section on "extras" or functionality typically delivered by apps/add-ons/plugins ?

For example, I'm interested in writing PlantUML diagrams. There are certain apps for DC/Server for this, and it appears there are different apps for Cloud.

This list might end up having listings grouped by topic area. I suspect there will be a lot!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events