cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checklist in Confluence

Malin February 7, 2019

Hi, 

I'm looking to create a Checklist in a Confluence page. This is the case: 
Every morning someone in our IT Operations team fills out a checklist form, where they test several stuff and checkes of a box for each step when testing is complete. We also use radio buttons on a few steps, where they choose yes or no on some quiestions. If something is down, for example a WAN location, they include this in the form with a simple text field. After the test is complete, he or she publishes the form that was created. 

I've included some screenshots just to clarify. 
When they open the website, they get an overview of previous morning checks, like this:
Overview.png
When creating a new form, it looks like this: 
New form.png
When they've published the form, the form is visible in the overview page. 

So back to my question; is it possible in Confluence Cloud to create:
 - a button for filling out a templated form that has checklists, radio buttons and text field
 - an overview of previos forms, for example last week 

Would love to hear your toughts on best practices in Confluence on this as well! 

3 comments

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2019

Hi @Malin - easiest way would be to create a template with all informations, buttons and checkboxes (ConfiForms would be a great addon for that). Date, creator, last modifier is saved anyway in Confluence. 

Now put the "Create from Template" macro on the start site which uses your created form and every morning the form will be filled out as a new site. 

We made this for our production for weekly tasks they had to do and it worked very well. 

Like # people like this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2019

I would second ConfiForms for this. Up until recently ConfiForms was server only, but they just released a Cloud version of their app.

Like # people like this
Malin February 19, 2019

Thanks for your reply. Our template is up and running now. 

When we click on "new morning checklist" (name of our template) from the overview page, we want the page we then create, to fall under a certain parent page.  
Otherwise our list of pages will be pretty messy. 

I found this post from 2017 saying that it is not possible on Confluence Cloud. Do you know if it is possible now? https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-to-specify-a-parent-page-when-creating-pages-using-templates/qaq-p/667683#U1012004
We want the template to show in our Overview page, so that it is easy to use and also to have an overview over morning checks that has been done the last few days. 

Like Kris likes this
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2024

For anyone who may also be looking for a solution to create a checklist on Confluence cloud, the app Didit Checklist allows you to embed checklists right on your page. (Btw, I am with the vendor behind the app)

Didit Checkllist for Confluence example.png

As you can see in the example, you can have yes/no questions in addition to regular tasks to check.

As for the original poster talking about the team needing to check a number of things each morning, the recurring checklist feature of Didit maybe a perfect fit for this kind of use case.

Instead of requiring a new page or for someone to manually re-set the checklist, it's regenerated based on the delay you want (daily, weekly, monthly, etc).

Didit Checklists has reporting statistics for each templated checklist, so it's easy to see if people are completing the checklist every day like planned, like the original poster mentioned getting an overview of previous submissions.

Didit Checklist template statistics.png

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events