Cannot edit name of Overview page

Alison Frane February 21, 2022

I started to post this as a response on this entry, but I was afraid I'd get no response, since that question seems to be tagged as "Solved" somehow. So I'm creating it as a new "discussion."

That question sounded so much like the problem I'm having, but I think my problem is the other way around.

I had a typo (REports 2 teset) when creating the space (which I could have sworn I fixed before hitting "submit"!) but which ended up stuck somehow.

I didn't notice until I was trying to create the Overview page, at which point I changed the words at the top to the intended name: Reports 2 test.

The page appears right when viewed, but it's clearly not. In edit mode, it shows a sort of breadcrumb trail that indicates:
Reports 2 test > Pages > REports 2 teset
(I'd also like to report that that the above breadcrumb string ended up pasted-in with links, which your forum-post-software was apparently unable to remove without removing the associated text, so I had to just retype them, completely obviating all convenience gained by trying to use copy/paste.)

The overview page, when viewed, shows the apparent title at the top of the page as "Reports 2 test," but when I ask it to list Pages, it is still listed as "REports 2 teset." There doesn't appear to be a way to change the name of the Page.

When I try to go to Space Details, as suggested in solution I linked to above, it offers me the opportunity to change the Overview page, but will not let me edit the name. This is apparently merely a selection drop-down, allowing one to select from existing pages, so, when I try to change the entry to "Reports 2 test" it tells me:

The specified home page was not found in this space.

How do I change the name of the page so that I can select it as the Overview page for this Space? The only think I can think of is to delete the page altogether, and try creating a new Overview page.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2022

Ok, there's two things here.

First, the "overview" page is almost always showing the "home" page of the space, but when you view it in the "overview" view, Confluence replaces the page name with the Space name, hiding the page name.

If you edit the page directly, you can give it a new name, but you won't see that in the overview.

To change things so it does what you need, go to Space Settings -> Space Details and click "edit space details"

This will let you 

a) change the name of the space (and hence what the overview displays as the page title)

b) choose a different page to be used as the "home" page (and hence the overview content)

0 votes
Alison Frane February 21, 2022

I guess maybe the only problem was that there's no "save" option. There's just "publish." Since I'm still experimenting, I did not click that button, but now that I've "published" it, the edit of the words at the top of the page (the "title" of the page in a technical sense, as well as a visual sense) seems to have taken effect.

The editing tools here could use better explanations, I guess? Take that as a suggestion. There's no concept of "saving an unpublished draft" I guess?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events