Can't create a service desk project for service center

Alphouine January 24, 2018

Hi Everyone,

I am having this weird message when I try to create a new projet for the service center in Service Desk project (see print screen attached). It says it couldn't create my project because of an unknown error, please refresh and try again.

For informations, I install Jira software with the license and then I added the Service Desk from addons with also the license.

I hope you guys will help me and I thank you in advance to take time consulting my request.

Regards,

Alpha

Sans titre.png

1 comment

Victor Florin Pana January 28, 2018

Hello,

Was the project lead selected when you tried to create the project?

If the above was not the problem, then you will have to check the jira logs and see what is the error tracked there. You can then google search the cause and see if you find the culprit.

Alphouine February 5, 2018

Hi sorry for my late answer. I don't know what you call a project lead. Is it the account by default we use to manage a project..???

Victor Florin Pana February 8, 2018

If you look in your photo, you have a "Chef de projet" area... that is what I meant by Project lead. Have you defined a user there?

Though from the error I do not think that that is the problem. Are you using a self hosted JIRA or a Cloud hosted one? If the JIRA is self hosted have you checked the log files for the error? 

Alphouine February 8, 2018

Yes, you were right. And also, there was a bug related to the language. I informed the JIRA support and they told me to reinstall the system in english first before adding the French language. Now I can create projet because the naming is short in english.

Thank you Victore you helped a lot. Jira is a nice tool but you will pass through a lot of pain before seeing good results.

Victor Florin Pana February 9, 2018

Glad that I could somehow be of help.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events