Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian: Explain to me how you think this year's price increase is in anyway 'fair'

Luke Johnson September 4, 2019

For Confluence, 10,000 users is now double 2,000 yet you offer nothing in between.

You still don't offer any other types of user licenses, so those who saw value in the large licensing count when dealing with named end users who may only have 'read-only' access (e.g. customers) are hit badly.

Also remember that your pricing is USD. Come to my country (Do you even remember Australia?) and buy at 0.6 USD exchange rate.

You mention that "existing licenses will receive a moderate increase at their annual renewals to help ease into our new prices" - Okay, but you are only giving away next year's price. Surely you have planned out the YoY renewal increase. What's 2021's renewal price?

By the way, I'm one those orgs I mentioned above. I was looking at buying 2001-10000 user license shortly. If I don't buy (or at least have a quote) before Oct 3, the price is nearly 300%... But hey, a month's notice should be okay.

1 answer

0 votes
Brian October 20, 2020

So, that was last year - what do you think of 2021 increases then ;) !!
I wonder if someone hired some leftover sales personnel from other industry giants, with their heads full of revenue boost techniques . . . 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events