Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Sandbox & Release tracks in Cloud Premium

Check out this short video to learn about Sandbox and release tracks coming soon to Jira Software & Confluence Premium:

Learn more about Confluence Premium here, and watch the next video in the series - An intro to platform features in Cloud Premium

6 comments

Patricia Pattin December 14, 2021

How do you refresh your "sandbox" with production data?

Jess
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2021

Hi Patricia,

To copy data from your production environment:

1. Select the name of your organization at admin.atlassian.com to access your organization Administration overview.
  2. Go to Products Sandbox.
  3. Under Actions in the product table, select Copy production data.
  4. Choose copy with media files or without media files, select Copy data.
    (Copying without media files can decrease the time it takes to copy data into your sandbox)

Learn more about what can be copied 

Patricia Pattin December 15, 2021

Thank you Jess!

Hansika Wijenayake December 23, 2021

Hey Jess,

Hope you are doing well and staying safe!

we recently moved to JIRA cloud as a premium customer (around 1 week back), and I am not too familiar on JIRA release deployment process yet.

Currently, we have picked the approach where, first the release is deployed to JIRA SandBox, and then after one month, the release is deployed to JIRA PROD.

During that 1 month of period after the release is deployed to SandBox, we are planning to do a small testing round from our end. I am having two queries about this process as below

1. When we recieve the release to SandBox, will we get a release note on the list of changes deployed to SandBox?

2. Also, if we encounter any issues with the SandBox release, can we request Atlassian to hold the release deployment to our PROD, till they fix those issues?

Cheers,

Hansi

Jess
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2022

Hi Hansi,

Thanks! I hope you're staying safe too.

If you're using our release tracks feature (it sounds like you are), and have your sandbox on either the bundled or preview track, you'll get an email with the list of upcoming changes a month before the changes roll out. You can also watch our cloud release notes blog. Learn more about our release tracks if you aren't using them.

The changes will still roll out to your production environment after they've rolled out to your sandbox. The changes go through a soak period and are rolled out to the bundled track last after being rolled out to production for all other continuous track production environments for at least a month. 

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Jess

Anirudh Pratap Verma October 11, 2023

Hi Jess,

I have a question here -

How do you deal with the issues if reported in Sandbox so that we dont see them when moved in PROD?

Thanks, 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events