Template Starring and Recommendations coming soon to your site!

Hi Atlassian Community,

My name is Avni Barman and I am a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud Tailored Experiences team! One of our team’s top priorities is to help inspire and guide content creators to create their best work. We are excited to announce some new in-editor features, Recommendations and Starring, that will help you start creating more quickly.

in-editor-template-starring-recommended.gif

See Your Most Relevant Templates First

We are now bringing you recommendations of which templates will be most useful to you. Your templates will automatically be sorted for you with your most relevant ones on top. These recommendations are curated for you based on how often your team members are using these templates in their day to day.

Bring Your Favorite Templates to the Forefront

In a few weeks, you will also have the capability to star your favorite templates. These starred templates can be accessed from the Starred category. We hope that this will help you easily access the templates you use and like the most so that you can find what you are looking for quickly, in one place.

Feedback or Questions

Don’t forget to let us know any feedback or questions you have in the comments. We’d love to hear your suggestions on how we can make this experience even better for you!

12 comments

Flídr Marcel October 14, 2020

Any plans for implementing Blog post templates?

Marcel

Like # people like this
Peter Kidson October 19, 2020

There is a serious bug.  It won't star the Legacy Editor template  (the only one I ever use).

Avni Barman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2020

@Flídr Marcel Blog posts are already templates that you can choose to use in the template browser! Please let me know if you any questions about that!

@Peter Kidson we haven't rolled it out yet so that's likely why you haven't been able to star the Legacy Editor template yet. Your instance should get this feature within the next few weeks so if it doesn't work after that, please let us know and I am happy to look into this for you. Thank you!

Like # people like this
Flídr Marcel October 19, 2020

@Avni Barman My intention was to create a new blog post template with a structure (headings) for a certain space. Is there a way to achieve this?

Like # people like this
WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2020

@Avni Barman

In which version of Confluence Server can you create a custom blog post template for use when creating new blog posts?

MP052 October 21, 2020

@Avni Barman Any plans to implement a copy space feature? I have to create Spaces and sub pages for each project we work on - being able to create a Space template and copy it would save a great deal of time and reduce errors

Like V Chin likes this
Federico Kiwam October 21, 2020

Hi @MP052 did you try using a word document? you can create project importing a word document using the Headings structure (Headings 1,2 and 3) as a tree.

More information here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Create-multiple-pages-simultaneously/qaq-p/229364

It's a workaround but is free and available in almost all confluence version including cloud. The limit is 3 Headings

Regards,

Federico.

Like Avni Barman likes this
Peter Finney October 22, 2020

And the ability to create templates based on the old page editor?

Seeing as your new editor is still utterly awful, missing significant chunks of functionality from its predecessor, and provides zero visual consistency I think supporting original templates should be your top priority!

Like # people like this
Steve Wilson October 22, 2020

@Avni Barman, is this really the feature that the community has been calling for?? Really? Try reading some of the frustrations that users are having and please address these. 

I suggest you start with the downgraded editor that's been pushed onto us. My personal pet hate is the ability to embed attachment links but please take your own pick.

Anna Svedberg November 12, 2020

I was annoyed that I couldn't find the "Blank page" template in the search, until I realized that was the default template already opened :) I like the preview of the different templates. 

Like Avni Barman likes this
Nelson Rioux December 14, 2020

Good news. Very interesting.  I just hope that stars will be related to a given space.  A template may be a star in Space A but not in Space B

Rodney Marable August 10, 2021

Why can't pages have a star rating system in Confluence Cloud like this: https://www.adaptavist.com/blog/forms-for-confluence-server-gets-new-ratings-feature-and-two-new-matrices

The server product is going away so... what do we do?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events