Create multiple pages simultaneously

Hello,

I don't think this is possible within Confluence as it stands, but is there a way of doing this programatically?

I think there's two ways this could be done:

1. Simple method: create x number of new pages under the same parent (possibly from a template). Once created, you have to manually add the page title (presumably replacing an temporary page name). 
  2. Complex method: create x number of new pages under the same parent and give them all the correct names automagically. 

I'm not concerned about making them from a template, but being able to do this both from a template AND independently of a template would be good.

But I'm no programmer, so I may be talking out the back of my head. smile

We're using 5.7.3, Server.

Cheers and TIA.

5 answers

Create a Word file, enter the page names as headlines and import the file into Confluence with "Import Word Document" and the option "Split by heading".

Confluence will automatically create a new page for every headline and structure it according to the chosen headline levels.

Confluence Command Line Interface (CLI) has support for doing this type of automation. For instance, How to create pages from template pages.

If the template part is important to you, you can include that into that Word file as well (at least to some extent).

If all the pages must have the same layout with e.g. headline followed by paragraph followed by an image you can add that to the Word file and it will become the content of your wiki page.

Hi,

For those who do not want to get into the Java programming. Try our Page Tree Creator Add-on.

Our Add-on Page Tree Creator works a bit different than the Confluence blueprints / templates. The PTC-templates are based on normal confluence pages and therefore creating a PTC-template is as simple as creating a Confluence page. Of course you could start creating your PTC-blueprint based on an existing Confluence page.

Try our Live Examples (no registration needed).

Marketplace link: Page Tree Creator.

Regards,
Stephan

Hi Mick,

Did you achieved this ?

Regards,

Parthiban

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Confluence

What are the resources that you use to learn more about Atlassian Products?

I am gathering information about resources available for Atlassian product knowledge transferring for a presentation in our local Atlassian User Group. I want to group them in four categories From ...

186 views 5 7
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you