Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching sites on mobile is easier than ever!

Hey Atlassian Community!

I’m Wei, a Product Manager on Confluence Cloud. I’m excited to announce that our new site switching experience is rolling out to all Confluence Cloud mobile app users over the next few weeks.

We heard your requests loud and clear!
Until now, there hasn’t been an easy way for our users to stay informed in Confluence and navigate to more than one site at a time on mobile. Our customers have had to switch Confluence sites by signing in and out of the mobile app, which has slowed them down! We know this experience has been less than ideal, so we’re rolling out site switcher.

Stay signed in.
Customers at various companies often run different Confluence sites for specific projects/teams. Now, they can switch between different sites seamlessly while staying logged in to their Atlassian account. When you toggle between sites, you’ll land on the Your Work/Recents tab so you’re one-click closer to the page you were looking for–smooth workflow ftw!

Get routed to the right site.
We've also heard your frustrations about viewing a Confluence page from an externally-shared URL that gets blocked because the site you’ve tried to access doesn’t match the site you're logged into. Now, provided users have access to multiple sites, you can easily open Confluence page URLs shared in mobile clients like Slack, Zoom, Email, etc… Site switcher takes care of routing you to your intended site.

How do I use site switcher?
Access site switcher using the Overflow Menu on Android and the Settings Menu on iOS. The bottom sheet that pops up will show you the list of sites available for your Atlassian account. You can then select the site you want to navigate to. Switch it up!

Examples for Android and iOS: 

site switcher Android.gifiOS site switcher.gif

Note: If you have only one site, you don't need site switcher, and thus it won't show up for you as an option! 

We want to hear from you.

Love it? Want to suggest more improvements? Shake to send us some feedback — we’re listening. 

6 comments

Martin Boehme
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2020

aceb324e10bb797ec061881347548226

Like # people like this
Kyle_Denis April 6, 2020

Downloading the apps now!

Like # people like this
Brian Stearns April 7, 2020

What if you have  multiple sites but they are with different organizations (different Atlassian accounts)? That’s the scenario I have and the site switcher does not show up. 

Like Will J likes this
Wei Heng
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2020

Hi @Brian_Stearns, unfortunately, this is not supported yet. Currently, with our feature, you can switch between sites for a single account. You will still have to log out and back in to a different account before you can switch between sites for that other account. 

We have created a ticket for your suggestion, please record your vote so that we get a sense for how valuable this would be for our users: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-69765

Thanks! 

Like # people like this
Bastian Jäger March 31, 2022

Is this still a active feature for the Android App? I canScreenshot_20220331_180425_com.atlassian.android.confluence.core.jpgScreenshot_20220331_180444_com.atlassian.android.confluence.core.jpgScreenshot_20220331_180449_org.mozilla.firefox.jpgScreenshot_20220331_180504_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg not login and switch. I see the switcher, but it only shows the one active account.

On "organize accounts" I only can remove them. My only was seems to be logging out and in again to the ither account.

Viraj Kanwade May 8, 2023

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/Switching-sites-on-mobile-is-easier-than-ever/ba-p/1325717

3 years and still not implemented. While the Jira app does support it, only Confluence app does not.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events