In Confluence, you are able to create and edit different spaces and pages. Macros are there to give you a wider range of functionalities to edit your content.
Multiple macros can be part of a larger package, also called plugin. Plugins can be managed by your administrator.
In this article we introduce you to the Easy Dropdown Menu Plugin and show you how to reuse your predefined sets globally.
The Easy Dropdown Menu allows dropdown lists to be inserted on Confluence pages. You are able to define the dropdown values yourself. It consists of four different macros:
However, each macro is only available on the specific page where you defined it. But what if you want to use a dropdown menu and the associated options again on other pages to save time?
In order to do this, you need to create a new predefined set.
1. From the general setting, select “Easy Dropdown Menu Plugin configuration”.
2. In the tab “Predefined” you can create a new menu and name it. In this example we named our menu “Spaceships”. At the end you have to confirm your menu with the button “Add”.
3. The new created set can be defined with “Edit”.
In the editing mode you can enter individual values now and also adjust the name of your set in case you want to change it again.
4. When in need of the macro “Easy Dropdown Menu (Predefined)” now, you can simply add it to your Confluence page.
5. If you have selected the respective macro, you are able to choose the set, which you have just designed.
In editing mode you have several possibilities to define your dropdown menu. We suggest choosing “Multiselect”.
6. After all the settings have been made, save it. In preview mode you can see how your menu behaves.
Because you selected “Multiselect” before, a multiple selection is now available. The choices from which you can select are shown here in our example on the right side.
Your created menu is available for every page of your Confluence space and can be easily used again and again.
We hope this quick guide helps you. If you still have questions and would like to learn more, just get in touch with us.
Andrei Pisklenov _Actonic_
Hello Confluence Community! What if i told you that you could have a healthier life and be 100% meet-less? This month, we're promoting a healthy, balanced work diet with Confluence. We la...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events